1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

models similar to Exmark Metro 32

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by njitgrad, May 4, 2011.

1. njitgrad

njitgrad LawnSite Member

I used to own a cheap residential JD63C mower from 2002-2008 and when I sold my house that year, I sold the mower as well. The chute always clogged when the lawn was too tall to mulch. Poorly designed in my opinion.

Now that I'm starting off with a new house very soon, I want to start off with a good mower so I'm starting to do my homework now.

I'm looking to buy a reliable (yet affordable) commercial walk behind mower with a 32"-36" deck for use on a level 1/2 acre property.

I really like the Exmark Metro 32 but would only buy it if I could get a used unit.

Can anyone suggest similar mowers that are decent and cost less than the Exmark Metro 32? Perhaps I would be able to get a new unit if the cost is similar to a used Metro 32.

I just don't see a way that I can justify to my wife spending more than $1500 for a mower.

Thanks!