1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Moderators and old timers what about Classic threads

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Az Gardener, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I stumbled across the "nitrogen" thread and I thought it was great and the information invaluable. I'm sure their are many more of these gems tucked away that would be of real value to some of us.

The search function is great if you know what you are looking for but there is the old saying "I know so little that I don't even know what I don't know yet".

I jump on Lawn Site from time to time when I just have a few minutes to kill and not enough time to really get into a project. Many times the current threads are not relevant to me. It would be nice to have a "Classics Threads" area to go to educate myself.

Sean, feel free to take this idea and run with it.
  2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Or even a topical index? a-z?
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Dave, nothing beats Calvin aka Jack D aka Ultimate Lawns aka Fairway Lawns with his infamous Stair Climbing System...but that one was (a real gem) and just for laughs.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL!!!! Stair climbing! :hammerhead: :laugh:

I know someone's going to mention peein' in the bushes, so I might as well be the one.......
  5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I think that would be fun and educational....but I would need a lot of help - I don't know if my opinions of the "classics" will be in line with everyone else's.... maybe we can set it up so there is some sort of way for people to recommend threads and either we place them or even a vote takes place....thoughts?
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Take 75 of the best classics and put them in there own forum. Maybe change them every month or so. I know that takes a lot of time though. Just a thought.:confused:
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Heres another thought that you could use to help everyone
    Take the 50? best money making or work saving ideas posted and put them in a forum. If any more new or good ones come in they get added to the list.
  8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think this is a good idea, different topics would be helpful.
    • classic accounting
    • classic management
    • classic time savers
    • classic comedy (for peeing in the bushes)
    • classic which truck/engine is best

and so on. I think it is important to have the whole thread provided it is a real classic with lots of good accurate information. The give and take of the different members is what makes this so much better than reading the information from a book. I would much rather have input from several members about the same subject rather than one "experts" opinion from a book.
  9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

we should have a thread of the month kinda like turf magazine does with the LS threads.

what do you guys think?
  10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about a hall of fame type forum, For various type threads.For the threads and members who make the site what is today.