modified 6x10 landscape trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Grn Mtn, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

After using it for 4 years and bitching about the same things I finally did something about it. My good friend did all the welding. I owe him big-time. Not done yet, I'm going to swap out the axle with a 5000lb w/ brakes this year and weld on some gas can holders and add work/reverse lights.

frontview.jpg

2. Grn Mtn

The drop-downs now allow me to leave the trailer and still unload. The reflective tape really helps with cars seeing the trailer at night.

backview.jpg

3. Grn Mtn

Welded box steel extending the tongue through the frame, welded box steel onto the 3 angle irons just before/above/past the axle, and added another set of side markers. This has made it nice and stiff, now I load a Dingo on without the trailer sagging.

bodystiffeners.jpg

4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

looks good man, i love do it yourself projects, now only if i could figure out how to build my own enclosed trailer

5. Grn Mtn

Put 4 of these down each side, really makes it easy to tie the tarps down now. Good close-up showing how the sheet steel enclosed helps keep mulch and leaves and crusherun in the trailer.

tarptiedown_closeup.jpg

6. Grn Mtn

Haven't finished this yet but by making a false front it created a tool box space (gas cans, blower, rope, chain) The other purpose besides holding tools was to push the mower back farther so the weight is over the axle. The weedeater racks are awesome, thanks trimmertrap.

toolboxview.jpg

7. Grn Mtn

These tie downs in the floor are great cause now the mower doesn't bounce like it did when it was tied to the side rails(before the sheet steel was added) The 2x4 frame was something I put together very quickly for holding in branches and leaves and doesn't add a lot of weight or cost a lot. Its real easy with the stake pockets welded on.

mowertiedown_closeup.jpg

8. Grn Mtn

Here you can see the plate that was welded on so the drop-downs could be bolted on. And not so noticeable is I moved the lights 1 1/2" out so the frame does not obstruct part of it from behind anymore.

rearjackstand.jpg

9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nicw work on the trailer.

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Those drop downs are nice, I need to find a pair for my trailer.