Modified equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision Care, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Precision Care

Precision Care LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I took my seeder spreader and welded a pipe on the bottom kick bar and used the anti scalp roller pin so the unit will pivot. I use this set up for my large areas. Beats walking and pushing.

Then I took my new scag with the floating deck and mounted a 25 gal tank to the top of the frame with two brackets. I unpluged the elec. clutch and used a like connector so I can use the on /off blade button to control the pump. It sprays 80" and can be calib. each adjustable speed position.

What do you think??

mvc-001f.jpg

2. Precision Care

from Indiana

pics

mvc-007f.jpg

3. Precision Care

from Indiana

pics

mvc-004f.jpg

4. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Wouldn't that change the callibration of the spreader? It looks like it is angled down alittle towards the ground. However, it looks good.

Jim

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

How do you steer with the broadcast spreader in top pic? Seems that it wouldn't just skid when it has a full hopper. Do you pull the handlebar back to lift it when turning or what? Other than that, looks good. Check out my stuff on the thread "Building a nice mower", I did some stuff to my Scag also.
    Eric

6. Precision Care

from Indiana

You just got to calib. it in the manner inwhich it is used. But it's the pic. that makes it look like that. It's just about the angle that you would using it by hand.

Bush hog boy I seen yours. I like the deflector. I welded the pipe on there so I could tilt it back and make my turn. It works great for my big Properties.