Molasses Rates, Techniques, Timing?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by bicmudpuppy, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I feel for you man. :) One thought I did have that may or may not be of value - Put down the bio-solids along with the regular fert and as the BS begins to release you may be able to gradually back off the Ferts. Just an idea...

2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I put down 25#/m Milorganite over the open holes before top dressing with sand this week :) I have one heavy app of a syn greens grade fert that I will squeeze in and then only spoon the ammonium sulfate as needed! I hope to do the bio-solid thing again this fall when we aerate again. Possibly with 50-100% more material. Or, in a perfect world do a bio-solid app like this time and do a 20%+ compost mix with the sand!!

On that note, I forwarded a quote from pro-screen to the money people. Add a wheel kit so I can move it around, and include freight and it becomes $7200. I spend that in two seasons on sand and have "free" sand on site that just needs to be cleaned. If budget would allow, I would spend double that on sand every season, but .............economy :(

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

dont duck and run stay and fight, I get orange molasses for a song, and cane is just across the way. eh it is what it is...........

this is a drag typing with one hand.............. im out......

4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I've only been stopping in here for a short while, but miss ya TG. Don't reply if asking how you are is to personal, but I hope the prognosis is good and your getting better? It is good to hear from you. I was hoping you had some input on the validity of the molasses as an application vs its use in ct and composting.

5. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

my spirit is good, after that its hit and miss, my left is a no go, and worst of all, my climbing career is about over for now............

it works the same for tea and compost and thatch or sand, its fast herd food......not a long term management tool...............