Molded Fiberglass Bodies for Lawn Applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by NJemerald, Apr 11, 2006.

1. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I've tried searching past posts and can not seem to find what I'm looking for...
    molded "one piece" fiberglass bodies that mount onto cab-over chassis,
    like the style chem-lawn or Scott's use...

Does anyone have info or links they could post?

Thank you in advance,
    Bryan

2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

The chemlawn /scotts bodies are made by supreme truck body. each style is a custom mold for chemlawn / scotts and from what I'm told they will not / are not aloud to make them for anyone else. you could have one custom designed but the cost would run around $50,000 for the mold is plus 10,000 - $12,000 for each body. there used to be one vary similar to the chemlawn body called the "commander" buy I was told they no longer make it or have the mold for it any more. westheffer builds these trucks so Thad might be of more help. your best bet seems to be buy an old chemlawn truck for 2 or 3 thousand and have the body work done and throw it on a new truck. the 3,000 for the old truck plus 2,000 -3,000 for body work is still allot cheaper than $12,000 for an new one

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

u can get parts for old chem lawn bodies and referb them to new with some work

4. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Dusty, Where have you found for parts?

5. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Here is the phone number you have all been waiting for!!!!!!!!

Industrial services company Sunbury Ohio 43074

740-965-4112 If the # does not work it is because they changed area codes, you may have to look it up.

You can order a complete manual with all specifications and schematic diagrams including plumbing, body, and electrical. They also have all parts available, pumps, hose, tank gaskets, regulators,..........

They should have everything you need. I had to order from them and the order was shipped quickly.

A little bit of TLC and you can have one heck of a truck.

By the way the body is from northwest bodies inc. Manson, IA

6. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is an older thread but I have a few questions. I am watching a couple of old Chemlawn trucks on Ebay right now and the pictures arent the best. How are the bodies laid out inside? It looks like there is a big door on the back where you could load a pallet of dry material or am I wrong? Is there somewhere for a spreader? Is it a split 800 gallon tank and is there a different hose for each section? how easy are the tanks to fill? For the price I don't think you can go wrong just a few questions.

7. turfmanagementspecialty

turfmanagementspecialty LawnSite Member

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. Email me and I can try to post pics. It's in decent shape. The fiberglass in the back by the taillights is cracked but could be fixed. It has a 300/100 gallon split tank

8. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

i just sent you a pm turfmanagement. I am very interested in the trucks.

9. SoonerTurf

SoonerTurf LawnSite Member

10. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

how much for the vector?