mole cricket nightmare.... coming soon to an area near you.!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by turfmd101, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Not sure why anyone would want to kill a Neem tree. And how is spraying with non-selective herbicides IPM?

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

A grass that grows every where that...which webworms prefer over sa is crabgrass as it is sweeter to them and more tender if i recall. That is why they generally will eat it first. But what the heck do i know i am just a lawn boy and not a turf expert with the knowledge like you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not talking about a Neem tree. I ment more plant not arbor.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

To the original post, I was in onancock, va at my inlaws house last weekend and we found about 1/2 dozen in his st. Augustine yard. Something that I wouldn't believe unless I saw it with my own eyes was that he has a gorgeous st. Augustine yard. For those that don't know, onancock is 25 miles south of Maryland and on the eastern shore so their climate is not like the rest of va. I didnt think they could live that far up north.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Still trying to wrap my pea brain around the use of a non-selective weed killer in an IPM program and in an area where webworms would be.

6. turfmd101

Round up's AI, IS part of an IPM program. It's only used when necessary, last straw. Listen I only speak of my area CF. anywhere else out of my playground. In MY area webworms live at ground levels. Not in trees or rather, above ground.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Duekster

from DFW, TX

So you spray the grass with Round Up and starve the webworms as a part of your IPM porgram? :laugh:

8. turfmd101

That doesn't even make sense. I guess you never understood the original question.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Go back and re-read your question / comment. :nono:

10. turfmd101

Just because you haven't caught on yet to what webworms prefer over turf grass varieties doesn't mean it's nonexistent. It's been happening for years. 14 at my residence.
    Posted via Mobile Device