Mole cures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wegomow, Jan 22, 2013.

1. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

4. Treat for grubs.

The moles won't hang around if the food source is removed! You guys really need to do your homework. Chewing gum? Really? Do they chew a whole piece or split it between friends? :hammerhead:
  2. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Orangemower, read more clearly please. Isn't it obvious its not a post about serious mole eradication. Jeez!!!:wall
  3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Flatten the tunnel with your foot. Watch closely and you'll see the ground move. A pitch fork stabbed into the ground in that are will take care of it. Moles are tough but the pitch fork is tougher. Some of the guys on here may have to watch that the mole doesn't take the pitch fork from them and whoop them with it.
  4. SmartLawnCare

SmartLawnCare LawnSite Member

People have suggested used kitty litter sprinkled around any openings and over tunnels.

Another one is human hair. Get it from your local hair salon or barber.
  5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Have heard of using ExLax...they'll get the runs and die from dehydration. Hell, it makes sense...but it sounds crazy. :dizzy:

IFF I'm not mistaken, moles love earthworms MORE than grubs. And I've seen plenty of mole issues in lawns that I KNOW are treated for grubs. But, I don't think we want to eradicate earthworms.
  6. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

They get the Runs, Thats Good !!!!!:laugh:
  7. SmartLawnCare

SmartLawnCare LawnSite Member

Second that! Try proving that fact to a customer in March! The calls come in "I've got GRUBS-do something! How do you know you have grubs, Mrs. No-It-All? Because I've got moles! :rolleyes:
  8. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

who has time to screw around with these methods ? i use lesco .... bandit or merit .05, they also have another product but the name just escaped me.
  9. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

No sense of humor. :rolleyes:
  10. Catmann

Catmann LawnSite Member

castor oil (Scoot Mole, MoleOut, etc)
    hot pepper wax (or straight crushed hot pepper seeds) mixed with garlic oil (Garlic Barrier or Mosquito Barrier).

You need to soak the entire area (lawn, beds, etc) with either of the above and it generally sends them on their way to other pastures.

I have not found grubs to be a reliable indicator of moles, they eat other things and persist on properties with regular grub controls.