Mole farm...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by drumbo, Mar 9, 2007.

1. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

I have a large industrial customer who seems to have developed a mole farm. We are planning on using Talpirid this season (since I didn't have the app contract last season). We do the mowing there and we have tossed our cookies on several occasions.

We are planning on using a large roller ( like a mini-steam roller as opposed to a pull-behind ) to smooth is out the land and then wait for the moles to bump up the new mounds to find them better, no?

So, what do you guys suggest to fix the bumpy terrain?

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I laughed when I just saw this thread. I just spent 45 minutes trying to catch a mole in my finished basement. Wife was watching tv downstairs and I heard the scream. Went down and she was standing on the couch scared as hell saying she just saw a mouse. You could hear it behind the walls traped between the concrete and wall. He kept coming out of the heaters. I put on some gloves and grabed him. LOL I thought my wife was going to piss herself when I grabed it. Well its 12 degrees out so I went outside and threw him up in the air. Went higher than the house. (Two stories) and when he came down on the frozen snow, he bounced once and is still there 1 hour later. Thanks again for the laugh. Thought I would share that.

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

The large roller should flatten things out for sure. Do you mean after you control the moles? Just roll it again. Maybe time and moneywise, you could use a quicker roller first just to see the new activity, and then use the heavy (and slow no doubt) roller to do a finish job.