Mole Med

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Integrity, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Integrity

Integrity LawnSite Member

Okay ... I've searched and looked around on the local economy. Where can I find this stuff called "Mole Med"? I am beginning to think that this stuff doesn't exist. Thanks for the help!:confused:
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Go to their site.

They list a bunch of places that carry the stuff along with a 1-800 # to call them if you still can't find it. They will help you find a distributor nearest you.
  3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i was reading something on moles and i found this interesting... moles are unable to clot there blood. so even a small nick will cause them to bleed to death. the remedy for moles was to put broken glass in the tunnel.
  4. Integrity

Integrity LawnSite Member

I went to the site and actually located a distributor in my town. Thanks! Has anyone ever used this stuff and does it really work.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You posted this question over on the pesticide forum also.
    I think you should read those replies also to make up your mind if you actually want to buy this product.
  6. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure but (I looked on the web site) could not find the ingredient to mole med. From the way it's worded and the looks of the dispenser I believe it's just plain old "Castor oil".
    You spray it over your lawn through a mix dispenser and it's supposed to deter the moles for a few months. You could buy castor oil at your local drug chain and do the same thing a lot cheaper. Does it work? It helps but the plunger traps work better, all it takes is a nick and they bleed to death. It deters them even longer.:D
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

bleed to death? thats cruel wouldnt u say?
  8. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

NO, They deserve it.
  9. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

i havent vistied the site mentioned above. But, according to Tom Schmidt, (a mole trapper here in Ohio) he claims that the only effective way of mole control is trapping.

In 1998, I attended a pesticide recertification conference, and choose his class as one of my recertification requirements. He explained that moles will not, and cannot eat poison baits,chewing gum or othe "home" remedies.

this is a quote from the summary of presentations book from 1998.

"a moles homerange is measured in acres. These homeranges overlap one another and are interconnected for mating and dispersal purposes. Moles will quicky jump homerainge to take over another mole's tunnels. Tunnels can involve acres."

next quote from same source.

"The mole has an unusually low birth rate fr a small mammal. usual itters are 3 to 4 per year. Natural survival rate is less than half in the wild and we have a problem with moles? The modern attitude on the mole control seems to be to move or manipulate this fossorial wonder by the use of chemicals and homespun remedies. There is no practical defense against moles. THERE ARE NO CHEMICAL SOLUTIONS TO A MOLE PROBLEM! TRAPPING IS THE MOST RELIABLE METHOD OF MOLE CONTROL. Mechanical traps are environmentally friendly and target-soecific, and they work! Some traps are good, some are not. I prefer the victo spear type and the victor scissor(out-o-sight)."

I have to believe his theories to be correct, for the simple fact that the Ohio dept. of agriculture doesnt't normally allow something printed in their publications unless some sort of factual basis is proven.

hope this is of help.