mole scram??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TurfWerks, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever use Mole Scram? Like the results?
    Ricky

2. REASON18

REASON18 LawnSite Member

I have used it at my house and the activity has seemed to have vanished. It seems to have worked pretty good. I can tell where I ran out in the very back of my yard. I put it out in Novemeber when we moved into this house and I am happy with it. I have a lot of earthworms it appears which is what attracted them to my yard....

3. TurfWerks

Awesome to hear... Anyone else..

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am skeptical. Someone please catch a live mole and see if the stuff repels it.
    Years ago, I don't recall details, but I caught a live more and placed it on the cement. I drew a wide band of a castor oil-based mole product around him. He promptly crawled right through it.

What is the active ingredient in Mole Scram?

5. TurfWerks

I'm reading and from what I can tell its a castor base product.. the reason I ask is a local pest control company is selling the bejezus out of it to customers..

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Ive used it on my own yard a few times. I havent had good results with it. Activity seems to die off for a few days then they move right back in.

7. REASON18

REASON18 LawnSite Member

Riggle - is that not the purpose of the product....to run them out and to create a barrier so they do not return? Did your mole return to your circle? I would guess he didn't. Even if you had of done your test in the yard, I wouldn't think he would have returned.

The stuff has seemed to have worked for me, granted I put it out a little heavier than directed and then it got watered in like it was suppose to with a good rain...

Get a bag and try it it's not expensive....
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TurfWerks

I can't find it local, but I found mole maxx. Supposed to be very similar. $10.00 covers 5000 sqft.

9. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

For what it's worth: I saw an infommercial that stated to use laxative such as Exlax to get rid of them. I'm going to try it. Never know, it might work. Exlax is a lot cheaper than 6-8 boxes of Talparid.

10. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Would love to find a repellant that works without costing a fortune.

We are lucky in North Carolina to have an endangered species of mole. So no talprid or other harmful products. We are left with very little option

This product looks interesting but through google I found a YouTube video for it. They suggest multiple apps to get rid of them. I get the idea of a repellent but not sure I could sell needing 2-3 or more apps.