Moles and Voles

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by McCarty"s, Nov 5, 2003.

1. McCarty"s

McCarty"s LawnSite Member

I was just asked today to take care of a major mole problem. Does anyone have knowledge on how to control / eliminate moles? This is the first time I've been asked to do this. Thanks in advance for your help...
  2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Just do a search and you'll have hours of reading. "Search" = third button from right on the top of every page.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in New Jersey I have had much success with mole control.
    If you have a pesticide license you can apply Sevin G (carbaryl) at the highest rate to control white grub complex. This will eliminate food source (earthworms and grubs) for about one season. The moles will leave when there is no food.
    Make sure you water in with one inch of water or make application prior to a soaking rain.

Pete D
  5. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

earthworms are our friends, why would you want to kill them. Anyhow.......... Killing food supply does not always = no moles. I have seen them go crazy searching even harder. Use a trap (actually multiple traps) and use quality ones. Lesco has some mole gel bait but it didn't even slow them down. Traps you know they will no long do any damage. It can take a long time or sometimes overnight. Just depends.

Or you could try bubble gum, hair, mole pellets, mole med, vibrators, sunflower windmill, and dynomite. Probably all at once to make any difference with moles.

Check out good info
  6. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

sorry guys the link is
    I couldn't edit the last post so I had to make another reply.