Moles in the yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ohbuckhunter, Mar 15, 2014.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't anticipate being in the mole business, but, ended up with several properties that have them. I just ordered 24 Trapline traps and am anxious to see how well they do. I hope to be successful, to these owners.

Even better? In conjunction with trapping charges, I get to roll their yards for additional charges. It all goes toward the bottom line. :clapping:

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I use mole chasers.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Atlantic

We NC guys are at a disadvantage. I've been told and tell my customers that we can't use talprid due to an endangered species.

So I'm assuming you have some sort of trapping license? I'd be curious to learn more info on what and how you are doing mole/vole service.

As many calls as I get about them I wish I had a way to get rid of them at a close efficient means.....I could be very rich!! Haha

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

this is what .22 sub sonic ammunition and some free time is for :)

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I have a friend who is a Certified Damage Control Agent, we work together to trap moles in the late winter early spring.I've never heard of a star nose mole in this area. I think most wildlife officers don't even know anything about moles and really don't care what you do to them.

6. Raceral

Raceral LawnSite Member

The grub killer stuff does work. Now, y'all go back to playing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ducnut

The Trapline product is 100% effective! Once word gets around the area I work in, they should provide a nice little revenue boost.

The client where I got two moles, Thursday, had someone come in with a percussion rig. All he did was blow up the property and make the mole runs even more damaging. I'll stick to what I'm doing, as it's unobtrusive.

8. Keene Landscaping

Keene Landscaping LawnSite Member

I agree with ducnut, the trapline product is in my opinion simply the best. I have used many other traps and the trapline gets them everytime, not to mention I feel is easier to set up as well.

9. ducnut

Absolutely! It's nice to just go out with a posthole digger and simply pull a plug, insert the traps, and put the plug right back.

All I hear is "We've done everything!". Then, I set the traps and come back to deceased moles, the next day. It makes one look pretty good, thanks to Trapline. :laugh: