1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Any suggestions on what will get rid of moles? I'm in New England.
  2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Take a stick and some flags. Poke holes in all of the tunnels you see, and then monitor daily for three days. The ones that were repaired are the main feeder tunnels. Treat these with Talpirid. It is a new bait from Bayer. Looks like gummy worms. Follow the directions and your moles will be history. Lesco should have it.
  3. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Just set traps.
  4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

check this site out themoleman.com
  5. B&B

B&B LawnSite Member

A pitchfork works for me!!
  6. Chuck Sigmon

Chuck Sigmon LawnSite Member
    from N. C.

Get rid of their food supply (grubs ect...) and they should leave on their own.
  7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The main staple in their diet is earthworms. You going to get rid of all of those?
  8. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

One Solution......................CATS:)
  9. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

I prefer harpoon-style spring loaded traps. Pretty cheap and last forever. Talpirid has too much potential liablity associated with it. Works by causeing "internal bleeding" of whatever ingests it. Be it the common eastern mole or, your customers $1000 imported Mongolian-Gopher Dog that she calls "Precious" that happened to stumble on the carcass of what you are trying to kill. I am also pretty sure that many states will require a seperate category of licensing to legally dispense that product.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First, Talpirid, is not made or produced by Bayer. It is from Bell Labratories. Second, it is NOT an anticoagulant. It is a neuro-inhibitor that causes paralysis, convulsions and death. (Basically respiratory failure).