1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Billz, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Moles are destroying my yard, is there anything I can do to get rid of them? Is it too late in the season to use grubex? Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Check jthomas.com
  3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

It is too late for grubX. Are you a homeowner???? Try Dylox for a quick kill.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ahh,...what does this have to do with moles? lol
  5. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering the same.

A garden hose and my size 11 boot works pretty good in getting rid of the mole.
  6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Normally, your rid the food source, you rid the moles.
  7. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Moles were destroying my yard - tried everything to get rid of them but nothing worked. Was out one afternoon recently stomping down the latest tunnels that popped up in the grass when suddenly the tunnel re-appeared - I had the SOB in my sights! Grabbed a pitch fork and skewered it. Nothing I've tried worked as well, as quickly and as cheaply.
  8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Moles eat all types of soil life; grubs are not their only food. Also, suggesting a grub treatment before being sure grubs are present is irresponsible.
  9. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Will Dylox do the trick? I am getting about 8-12 hills some days, it is getting ridiculous....there is a company in my city that quoted me $50.00 per mole eliminated...that seemed a little high to me! lol
  10. new2thebiz

new2thebiz LawnSite Member

Get a Nash Choker Loop mole trap, find a place among the tunnels where they go straight for a few feet instead of winding arround, set the trap, and take the mole out of it and reset it the next morning. Ive caught 13 moles this year out of my clients lawns with that setup. If you dont have any luck in the first place you set it within 2 days, move it to a new straight spot and try another couple days. once you find the right tunnel, you will get every mole from the exact same spot, just keep resetting it.