Momentum dry time

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smithsonmi, Jun 8, 2001.

1. smithsonmi

smithsonmi LawnSite Member

I spot sprayed my 1 acre yard yesterday with Momentum on mainly clover. Unfortunately, I forgot to check my sprinkler timing and they ran early this morning. I could not find any info on the label for min dry time for Momentum. It was at least 12 hrs before my sprinklers ran from when I sprayed. Is this plenty of time?

I hope so after going through 5 gallons of mixed spray which took awhile.

Thanks guys, you have been a lot of help.

2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

should still work fine, with at least 8 hours of dry time, most herbicides will get excellent control. Momentum should work excellent with the clover.

3. smithsonmi

smithsonmi LawnSite Member

As an update, obviously 12 hrs was enough time as the majority of the clover was curling 2 days later. There are a few that are not which I probably missed (they need to put dye in this stuff so you know what you already hit). I will go back and hit those particular ones, but good results so far!

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Most broadleaf herbicides will be effective within one hour of application, or less. Old rule of thumb when Trimec was the standard: 30 min for amine formulations, 15 min for ester.

If you are spot treating, do get and use a dye in your tank. Blazon and others are manufactured for just that purpose, and are compatable with most all pesticides. Just be careful handling the concentrates; a couple of drops on a boot will mean blue socks and toes for a long time. LOL