Momentum FX controls Nutsedge?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at lesco this morning and we got to talking about nutsedge.H e told me that a lot of guys who use MomentumFX were saying that it has been controlling nutsedge as well. Also that at the last seminar there was in fact discussion about that and even people there were claiming nut control with Momentum FX. Any one hear of this?

2. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

nope....but you ask them about there new product called Dismiss it bad ass it works great on nutsedge

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

As i recall, last summer my weed killer with a heavy shot of wetting agent killed some early stage nutsedge, applied about June 22nd. I used Lesco Eliminate. Oxalis survived.

4. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Momentum FX, on its own, will not control nutsedge. That's one of the main reasons that nutsedge is such a problem for applicators. In the late spring/early summer, you're spraying all your broadleafs and then you're worried about getting your grub apps done on time. Next thing you know, there's highly developed sedge all over the place. You spray the sedge, it burns down, then comes back, because you weren't able to kill the tuber beneath the ground. I would suggest reading Tremor's post from this past summer on Nutsedge Timing. I would also suggest carrying a small (perhaps a one-gallon) sprayer of Manage or Sedgehammer in your truck so that you can hit the sedge in it's earliest stages (you probably don't have time to drive all over the place just doing sedge later in the summer). There are products out there like Q4 that hit crabgrass, broadleafs, and sedge, but in my opinion, it's a waste of money.

5. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Momentum is a broadleaf herbicide, not a grassy herbicide. Sedgehammer, Dismiss, Q4 (which has Dismiss in it).

6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I understand all of that. I'm not saying i thought that momentum killed nutsedge. I was just passing on what i heard. ido use manage with good results. I was just as surprised to hear them tell me that as well.