Momentum fx Herbicde

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mimajon, Oct 25, 2005.

1. mimajon

mimajon LawnSite Member

Why is Momentum fx Herbicide being discontinued for residential use in 2006?

2. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you are thinking of the old momentum. The new momentum (fx) is its replacement.

3. mimajon

mimajon LawnSite Member

Thanks, but on Lesco's web site they even announced that Momentum fx herbicide, Epareg no 228-418-10404 would not be available for sale after 12/31/05. I also heard that it only being discontinued for residential use and wondered if this because of its high level of toxicity.

4. BigCity

BigCity LawnSite Member

I hadn't heard that yet. My lesco guy usually keeps me updated on stuff like that.

5. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Clopyralid in the old Momentum was replaced with fluroxypyr (hence the FX). From what I heard, the clopyralid was not breaking down in the environment as fast as originally thought. I guess they found out from someone using the grass clippings as a mulch for some flowers; ended up killing the flowers.

could you post a link to where it says that on Lesco's website? Thanks

6. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

There has been no word from the "Higher Powers" saying that Momentum FX is being discontinued. You're probably referring to the old Momentum formulation that has Clopyralid. I've searched the lesco.com website and have not found anything regarding Momentum.
    Please include a link.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i know that lesco has been messin with there web site and may have crossed up somewhere with there info