1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Momentum Fx through booms and cold weather

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfsurfer, Oct 29, 2005.

1. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! Have any of you tried spraying this out of your Z-spray or PG when the temperature drops into the 40's-low 50's?? You can't go 50 feet without your screens being clogged up with crystalized product!! I know, Ester formulations should be used for better results when the temps get low, but the drop was sudden and I already had a tank of Momentum FX mixed up. I ended up draining the tank since it became totally useless for spraying. 3-way ester is now in there and working fine. The problem with the Momentum doesn't happen out of my 200 gallon skid sprayer with lawn gun (probably due to more dilution), just the Z-spray. I had heard of this happening earlier in the Spring, but I didn't start spraying then until temps got over 60.
  2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I had this happen a few weeks ago,but I don't think it was the cold. I think it was leaving product in the tank. Since I have been spraying totally out and rinsing with no bad effects.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I completely agree here too.

I sprayed about 10 acres in the last 2 days. I was used to letting some old Momentum sit in the tank on the PG if it was going to be 4-5 days before I could spray again.

The new FX plugged up the nozzle body, not just the nozzle after letting it sit in the tank for about a week.

After I unplugged the nozzlebody, I sprayed with no problems at all.