Momentum fx

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RM n WS, Mar 21, 2008.

1. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

I just finished an old gallon of momentum fx this week on my broadleaf weeds. I went to lesco to get some more and they said they don't carry it anymore. Now they use momentum fx 2 and when I asked what the difference was they told me it was technical. Duh! So I decided to come here to the real professionals and get your opinion. Or recommend something better based on your years of experience.

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Momentum Fx2 has a lower percentage of Fluoroxypyr in it. When using Fx in ultra low volume mixtures it would sometimes plug filters. It is still an awesome product. Works a little slower than some products but is environmentally friendly and very effective.

3. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

We used the new stuff all last year and it worked great seemed to last round to round no call backs.

4. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

Thanks for the honest opinions!

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds to ME like a comment by someone that didn't know! :laugh: The generic comment of "it is technical" sounds like something that would come from te kid in aisle 7 at the home depot, - doesn't it?

6. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

That's what I thought also!

7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I would hope that someone at Lesco would take the time to explain a product and build a better customer relationship with you.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Also the FX2 just got nutsedge put on the label. Trials support control equal to sedgehammer. Good to have in the tool box, one less hand can to put on the truck.

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Is that new for this year? My label from last year does not list nutsedge control.

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member