Momentum users (not fx--old label)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Jun 21, 2005.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

For those of you who liked the old momentum with chlopyralid like me...

Look into Eliminate from Lesco. It is cheaper per k than momentum, labeled for low volume and smokes just about anything in it;s path. clover jumps out of the ground. It goes down at 1.1 oz per k. Actives are 2-4 d (almost 50%) , Dicamba, MCPP

Thought I would share the experience. I have "test plotted" over 1 mil sq ft and had great results. I had a large site 60 acres, and put 2 acres each three way, momentum and eliminate and found that three way knocked weeds back but didnt give a real good kill. Eliminate and momentum gave equal results with eliminate being slightly better on broadleaf and buckhorn plantain. IMHOP. This was a new site with weeds galore and side by side with same irrigation etc. sprayed out of my PG.

I just ran my last bit of momentum today and will be switching to eliminate from here out.

Just my 2 cents on a new product that I have tried with good results since everyone wants to know what works including myself.

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

iv not tried the new momentum but switched to 3 way with quick silver and am very happy

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

How does the odor compare with momentum? I like momentum for its low ordor, but if eliminate has low ordor I will give it a try.

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Im almost out of the old too.

5. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Same here.. Thanks!!!

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Very low odor. My helper is using a little 3-way ( I had some kicking around and want to get rid of it) to spray bed edges that I can't get with my PG and I can smell the 3-way but not the eliminate out of the PG.

To give you a better idea, I use transfilm as my sticker and I can smell the transfilm over the eliminate.

Try it out. I am switching to it completely for the rest of the year for the low odor and good results.

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I will buy some on my next round. I used momentum FX last round and works well, but has alot more odor than the old momentum. Can't wait to try eliminate.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

thanks for the info ill try it

9. treszag

treszag LawnSite Member

I'm looking to switch products I have been using the old Momentum. Can't decide between FX or the Eliminate. I have a lot of Woodsorell and the old Momentum doesn't seem to do anything, has anybody had experience with either of these products and what kind of results have they produced?

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove LawnSite Member

FYI

"Look into Eliminate from Lesco. It is cheaper per k than momentum, labeled for low volume and smokes just about anything in it;s path. clover jumps out of the ground. It goes down at 1.1 oz per k. Actives are 2-4 d (almost 50%) , Dicamba, MCPP" Turf Hokie

TH, I share your exictement with Eliminate, the product performs great. The problem with your assesment is with the actives. Eliominate contains (NO) 2-4 d. The actives are MCPA, Dicamba and Triclopyr, no 2-4 d hence the name Eliminate.

Nice feature for warm weather is the absents of required long sleeves on the msds or label