Momentum?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lorensanders, May 6, 2006.

1. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

What Exactly Does Momentum Do And When And How Do You Use It.....

Thanks.....

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

It is a broadleaf weed killer. They changed the 2,4-D, triclopyr and clopyralid formulation in 05,I believe.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It knocks down the tougher to kill weeds like wild violet and ground ivy that the normal 3 ways don't. Not quite as well as Confront, but Momentun is labeled for residential...Confront is no longer.

4. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

will it kill the grass or stun it...can i mix it with 3 way vessel for preemergent and use it to spot spray in summer.......like msma

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

I just applied some for the first time on wed last week. Will let you know how well it works.

6. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I used it for the first time this week. Well three days ago to be exact on a commercial prop thats never had W/C....loaded with dandies, thistle, and misc easier to control weeds and Im thoroughly impressed with the control so far and expect excellent results to continue for the next week.

ran it at 1.5 oz per gallon

7. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of switching to momentum on my commercial props. I put down Millennium Ultra and it isn't doing much. I had great results in previous years.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been using Momentum for 5 years now.

Last year, it became Momentum FX, they took the clopyralid out of it and put Fluroxypyr in.

I had enough of the old formulation left for my first round of applications for broadleafs, but I needed to use the new formulation for my second round.

I did the round later in the year last year, and to be honest with you, the dandelions are JUST starting to pop here, so I'm not really able to tell you yet how the new formulation worked.

I'm the cynical type, so I'm going to assume not quite as well, since EPA people seem to always want to ban stuff that actually works, but that's just me. :laugh:

Anyways, I know people talk about SpeedZone, 3-way, Confront, etc., but as long as the new formulation works 99% as good as the old, I'll keep running it.

I put 32 oz in the Ultra sprayer tank, run my 3/4 acre and there USED to be complete control. Like I said, we'll see what this spring shows with the new formulation.

9. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Did you spray 1.5 per gal. from a back pack sprayer or skid sprayer?

10. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

the rate is 1.5oz per 1,000 sq ft