Momentum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by osc, May 17, 2000.

1. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco says this product will kill broadleaf through root absorption 85% and 15% through foiliage which gives a broader window of application.<br>Has anyone used this product and how has it worked?

2. Tony S

Tony S LawnSite Member

I just bought one bag this week to try it out. Gong to put it down Fri. Will let ya know the results.<p>Tony S.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what the BAG/LABEL says or that what the Lesco employees say?<p>Momentum contains 2,4-D, Clopyralid and Triclopyr - all of which work thru the foliage.

4. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't bought any yet so I don't have a label. Ah screw it I just went out and bought some Trimec today. 2 1/2 gal. Bentgrass formula for $49.99 . The label says the 2,4-D is slightly lower than Classic but the price was blow out.<br>Anyhow, I did not realize that there was a product for killing broadleaf through through the roots. Hence the question. <br>When you get your liscence in the state of Ohio there is not enough training or material on the available products and their application rates etc.

5. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

you will get some systemic control through the roots, but best applied when dew on the ground to get taken in through the foilagel.

6. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

we use it in liquid form and we tank mix with trimec. works very well.....