Monday from he**

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Jul 30, 2007.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

This was a tough Monday for me....started out Sunday night...I am a firefighter and was out all night doing the "ghetto-medic" thing...came home exhausted and loaded up to mow.
    Did my first lawn and started up my shindaiwa eb630 to blow it clean...there was a little pin hole in the fuel line and I got a "gas bath" while I blew.
    Okay, so I go home, clean up, get new clothes, fix the fuel line...no problem.
    A couple of yards later, a customer comes out to pay me while I am trimming...her dog (a little spaniel looking bastard named Precious!) flew over to me and bit me in my calf! Never saw the little sh** coming, just felt his bite!
    Twelve yards and two shrub jobs in the stinking Oklahoma heat later, I come home to discover a bill from my old insurance company (my employer switched carriers) in the amount of $3000.00!
    Can this day just end now...please!:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

2. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

Sounds like you had a rough day. Tomorrow is a new day, so put today's events behind you. And watch out for those dogs.

3. Mow N GO 06

Mow N GO 06 LawnSite Member

My oldest saying is: Remember "Tomorrow will be better, if tomorrow isn't, the next day will be"

4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

did you do your best field goal immitation on the dog? sorry about the bite and the crappy day, it will be better tommorrow, hopefully.:laugh:

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

The money you get from the dog bite should satisfy that insurance payment.

6. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a bad day for sure bro. We all have those day's where it seems nothing goes right.

BTW, will the pooch fit in a microwave?:laugh:

7. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I can really understand what your talking about, I am a firefighter in Gary Indiana and yeah when you say up all night doing the getto medic thing well we are usually up all night doing the ghetto fire thing. Not much medic assist believe it or not but lots of fires. Stay safe and keep your head up, just think next work day you get to do it all over again :drinkup: