1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Monday is the BIG day!

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Kraco_1, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

That's the day I pick up my new Western V-plow. it's the first V I've had so I hope it's as good as I hear people say it is. Also while I'm there I'm gonna look at the salt spreaders (Westerns) any one got any suggestions as to which one to get? The (2000 low profile) and the (Pro-flo 2) is the ones I'm thinking about, anyone have these that can offer any advice? Thank's....Kraco_1
  2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search. Plenty of discussions about both of those units. I have a Pro Flo 2 and love it. I can't remember reading any negative posts about either of those units. Good luck with the new plow!
  3. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

Thank's BRL, yeah I've been though most of the post, guess I just wanted to tell someone about it(lol). But I've not seen any post on the 2000 low profile series but maybe I missed it. Anyone have that one?
  4. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

insn't it too late to just be getting a plow? that groundhog is wrong sometimes....
  5. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

Your right, you could be!
  6. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

i'm never right,or else i'd be a millionaire...
  7. wyldman

wyldman LawnSite Member

One tip,if your dealer will do it.When we buy equipment late in the season,the dealer writes up an invoice that it is on layaway until next november,but we pay for it and take it now.Then in november,he finishes the bill,and gives me a copy,so that's when my warranty starts.That way,if you pull out your plow in the fall,and something doesn't work,just head for the dealer,as your warranty runs out in november,not february.
  8. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

lol, wouldn't we all.

No, I got my new truck last week and ordered a new plow with it and it just came in. So I guess as far as the winter goes it's a little late but I have to have a plow, no getting around that. So it made sence to get it at the same time I got the truck.
  9. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

wyldman, darn good tip, I'll talk to them about that. Thank's
  10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member