monday morning crap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ERICMENGES, Jul 11, 2000.

1. ERICMENGES

ERICMENGES LawnSite Member

I HAVE A SITUATION I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE . I HAD A CLIENT THAT JUST HAD A FRONT AND BACK FULL INSTALL DONE 3 MONTHS A GO . DONE BY BUSHNEL NURSERY (ONE OF THE BIG DOGS) EST. PROBABLY 75K TO INSTALL.PLANTS ARE DYING DRY SPOTS IN THE TURF THEY ADDED SOME SPRINKLERS HERE AND THERE ECT.IT TOOK THE 2 MONTHS TO GET THE FRONT DRIP HOOKED UP TO THE CLOCK ONE OF THE REASONS PLANTS WERE DIEING .CLIENT CALLS ME THIS MONDAY MORNING TELLING ME SHE NEEDS TO DISCONTINUE SERVICE I WAS REALLY SHALKED BECAUSE THE PLACED LOOKS TITS AS I CALL IT,BESIDES DEAD PLANTS THAT WAS OUT OF MY HANDS.IT WAS A 480.00 DOLLER ACCOUNT .<br>SHE TOULD ME THAT THE WARRENTY WAS UP AND THEY WERE NOT GOING TO WARRENTY AFTER THIS MONTH UNLESS SHE HAD THEM MAINTENANCE THE PROPERTY . THEY WOULD WARRENTY THE MITERILS FOR 6 MORE MONTHS. IF SHE SIGN A CONTRACT FOR 900.00 A MONTH . AFTER TALKING A FEW WITH HERE A NO IT WAS A QAUILTY ISSUE . IT WAS MORE OF A BIG CO. BENDING OVER THE CLIENT IN MY OPPINION.<br>MY QUESTION IS HOW DO THE BIG DOGS GET AWAY WITH THIS.

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I kinda know what you mean. I get shoved aside for mowing jobs by guys that do the worst job and charge a ton for it. It makes me so mad!

3. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Eric: Do you do landscaping? If not try to sub contract this work out in the future.<br>You can keep your customer happy + get them doing more business with you and pocket an extra 10% to 15% for overseeing the job. Through past experience any time someone else<br>consults your client they'll usually create future problems for you, so stay in close communication and use a phone call once in a while to see if there content with your service.<p><p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Stinger

4. ERICMENGES

ERICMENGES LawnSite Member

STINGER<br>I DIDNT DO THE INSTALL THE BIG BOY DID ,THE ONES THAT WOULD NOT WARRINT THE PLANTS . UNLESS THEY SIGN CONTRACT FOR 6 MONTHS. THEN THEY WOULD WARRINTY THEM FOR 6 MONTHS .<br>

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

that anin't right

6. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Don't let that sh*t slide. Do something about it.

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

She's paying $420.00 a month for a warranty? If she's that dumb so be it, I would make sure she understands it in those terms ($420.00 not the dumb part). :)

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Spray little spots of roundup on the lawn after they take it over. They will be ready to give it back after the 6 months and you can then charge $750/month and make it look great. Don't let others push you around unless thats what you want for the rest of your life. Take action.

9. Should check with a lawyer on this one,but my understanding is if she had problems during the warrenty period,until all problems are solved,the warrenty is still in effect. At least that's how it works here in California. It's called the lemon law. Most states have this simalar law on the books. Does she have the warrenty in writing?? ERICMENGES, are you a licensed contractor? If so, state the same thing that you stated here on the forum to her. Tell her you would be willing to go to court,of course for a consultation, professional fee. Do you have a local Action or consumer complaint department with your local newsprograms?? I know nobody want's their company name mentiond to thousands and thousands of people.<p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: gusbuster