1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mondo grass triming

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CLARK LAWN, Mar 22, 2006.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i just looked at a property for an estimate they have mondo grass around the pool that needs trimmed/cleaned up. right now its all over the place does anyone have any experience with this? i'm starting to see this in more places around here so any info would be helpful. thank you
  2. JJfishes

JJfishes LawnSite Member

Cut it back to the groung and it will spring right back. If that seems to drastic then just cut the burned edges off.
  3. PlantSolutions

PlantSolutions LawnSite Member

You can also mow right over it and it will come back.
  4. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

Cut it all the way back. First wrap it with duct tape a couple times, so when you cut the bottom it will be one piece and less mess.
  5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

use small push mower with bagger an its all done in one pass see ya george
  6. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Mow it it works better than anything else I've found
  7. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Great suggestion if this were a larger ornamental grass, but mondo grass is typically only a few inches tall and mowing or string trimming is the easiest solution. Mowing with a sharp blade and a bag cuts clean and vacuums all the mess right up.