1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mondragon Lawn and Trees

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mondragon Lawn Serv, Jan 3, 2009.

1. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

that ford looks older then a '97.....lot of wieght on that trailer haha and nice work

2. Mondragon Lawn Serv

Mondragon Lawn Serv LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

i think it all depends on what type of mulch you're going for i've always gotten the good old black mulch it has worked the best for my properties that we do the hardwood deco is best at other places and so on. but i bet the prices are higher then cjm i get the mulch pretty darn low

3. Mondragon Lawn Serv

from Texas

well believe me the truck is a 97 and has been taken care of really well, it had only one owner other then my uncle. it was a rancher who owned it, they work them hard but take care of them well. and the sod well lets say it has taken more easily, i've loaded it up to 4 pallets of sod

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I know CJM is cheap. I prefer to use the best though because I also charge more than most guys for mulch. That old '97 is the perfect work truck man.

5. Mondragon Lawn Serv

from Texas

well for me i've always had the black mulch and to me personally no one come close to their quality in black mulch; now the other types or kinds that's a different story, and price wise you got to find your good resources for both you and the customers, i've got a custom house builder that lives of our black mulch, every new customer that comes to him automatically wants the black mulch from cjm

6. SNAPPER MAN

Ha thats awesome man. You get my PM?

7. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Man you really hacked that stump... Looks like you used the saw like a axe:laugh::laugh:

That landscaping looks nice!

8. Mondragon Lawn Serv

from Texas

well i took out wedges from the side because the stump was like 6" wider then my saw and my saw had a 30" bar

9. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Try using wedges when your cutting the stump off...

I own a small tree and landscape company, i have a few saws. Please wear chaps, I have seen way to many injuries from people not wearing them. If you cut your leg off you will ruin the rest of your lifeĀ… There only $70.

Nick

10. SNAPPER MAN

Nick, Aqui en Texas no somos pendejas. No vistimos chaps. Somos hombres!! LMAO!!!