Money Makers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Apr 20, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i just picked up one of those honda harmony mini tillers. i've heard great things about mini tillers like the mantis and the honda has anyone used or owned one and what do you think of them? i can't wait to try it out tommorw on some beds with old mulch, will it turn the beds and make it suitible for new mulch? also do these machines ever have ant trouble?, thanks:cool:
  2. rookiemower

so no one owns one, please repond if you do.:cry:
  3. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

i have a 10 year old one works great...
  4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

It should work very well for that type of work. Years ago I had a tiller attatchment for my string trimmer. It did OK for just weeding and stirring the top couple inches of soil in tight areas.
  5. rookiemower

i read in old posts than the hondas tranny goes out easy is this true?
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

my father in law has the Troy-bilt version....runs great, very is a 2 cycle B&S engine...

7. Papa Wheelie

Papa Wheelie LawnSite Member

I have the Stihl mini tiller and it works great in beds or anywhere else for that matter. It also has alot of optional attachments that are pretty handy.

G&S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

:D I have a Honda 4-cycle mini-tiller,Used it now for 4 years without any prolbems.just keep the oil clean ,and keep the tines clean and debris free.
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have a mantis minitiller. That thing will through rocks bigger that your fist at you with great force. I use it alot for digging holes for shrubs in hard ground. Soak the area, then hold the tiller in a small spot, loosen the soil, shovel it out and again until you get the hole as big as you need. I have managed to break the sheld, but a little rewelding fixed that. Just remember to change the grease, since it used brass grears.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have a tiller that still runs great and still use that was handed down from my old man to me. It is from 1977. Wish they made things like they used to.