money,money,money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenStar, Sep 9, 2001.

1. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

hey guy's i was doing some searching on pricing.some of us out there really have really strange pricing structures.i could not find any single post to match my system.i charge by the acre and an hourly.am i alone here or do i have comrades?

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I start off with $35 an hour for mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing. If there is excessive trees or walkways, etc. I add $5-$10 according on how much I think it's worth.

I can't tell you how I go by the hour thing on mowing, sure it might take 10min on a Z, but I don't go lower because of that. I just do it by instinct.

3. I try to get about $80 per acre, or $75 per hour for 2 guys to cut / trim

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Time to put on the hip boots...or should I say chest waders? $80/acre? I don't care if you live in Utopia...that's insane! I've heard it all now! All the power to ya if so...

5. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

I charge $60 per acre.

6. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

my structure runs like this...
    $35 an acre
    $48 an hour
    3 acres an hour....35x3=105+48=153
    this might clear things up a bit.
    $80 an acre huh, we used to have a saying in the navy
    "save your watch,the compartment is fillin up"
    do ya see what i'm sayin guy?

7. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

For you guys that charge by the acre, does that include trimming, edging and blowing or just cutting?

I don't have any properties that large but I would definately get more than $80 to cut one.

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Uh...Greenstar...if I am guy...I wasn't talking to you...you didn't say $80/acre did you?

Henry...you are out of your mind if you think you're gonna get over $80 an acre......stick with the smaller lawns

9. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I think Lawnboy is pretty much on target. I charge around $50 for a 1/2 acre to mow, blow and go. With insurance, taxes, labor, and such I still think I'm a little on the cheap side. Russ

10. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

no scraper your not the guy...the boy's the guy....
    alright i need to do my route sheets for tommorrow.
    have a good week fellow tradesman.

BE THE STAR ON YOUR BLOCK!
    GreenStar Commercial Groundskeeping