money my way?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scorpioxx, Jun 10, 2008.

1. scorpioxx

scorpioxx LawnSite Member

I have referred at least 3 tree removals and 4 stump grindings all to one guy....he bids and gets half the jobs...is it my right to get a cut of the proceeds since I'm referring him to my customers????

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Sure, if that was the deal that was discussed between the 2 of you. Has he referred anybody to you? Or are you just being a nice guy and getting him some work when you happen to come across it? Many variables here. You need to talk to him about it and see if you can work out a deal. But don't expect him to automatically give you a finder's fee.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

are ya'll both happy? if so then your good. if he is getting me work though i dont try to get a cut, id rather have the buddy and we scratch each others back.

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

10% referral fee. Easy Money.

5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Have the guy give you the bid, add your cut then you quote the customer.

6. scorpioxx

well I have 20 accounts already and no desire for any more....10% finders fee will definitely be bought up....thanks!:)

7. scorpioxx

oh ya...check this out...I tell him specifically to give ME a quote not the customer and I was gonna add like 10% but he freakin leaves the quote on the customers door!!!!!!!!!!!

8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

check your general liablility about this. mine dont allow me to sub out work. if i give the price to the customer, collect the $$$$, then i subbed it out. and im in trouble if something happens. generla liability for a lawn care provider is much different than that for a tree man.