Money Producers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Slit seeding hands down too bad I only get a few days worth a year but I have seen upwards of 500 an hour from that. Next is fertilizer that is also in the hundreds per hour range.
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

sno way 6.5 with down pressure 2500.0. yes get the winch but make shire you keep your eye on the cable. It tend to brake because you are only using about 2 ft
  3. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Spring Money Makers

Seeding and Aeration

Summer Money Makers

Mulch and small planting jobs

Fall Money Makers
    Clean - ups
    Deep Root Feeding
    Seeding and Aeration

Winter Money Makers
    Burlaping Trees
    Snow depending on your area
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree kelly, slit seeding is a good money maker, but just is not enough people wanting the service.

There are a lot of money makers throughout the year and you need to be able to cash in on them and get all the money while you can. payup payup

Spring cleanups
    fertilizing and weed control in lawn and landscape areas
    making new landscape areas and plants
    Core aerations
    Fall cleanups
    Snow removal( they say there is good money in this service, but last winter, there was not one plowable snowfall for us.) :cry: :realmad:
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

There is only one company that makes a real plow for the ranger. BLIZZARD. The 720LT is the best plow for a ranger. Its got the guts to get the job done. All the other snow plows are too light or lightly built. Blizzard builds their little plows just like their big plows. Its a little more, but in the long run will cost your less because of no break downs. payup

There is no business like snow business.

Mulch is also a great money maker if you bid it right and have a small tractor with loader to move the mulch faster. Which is more payup in your pocket.
  6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

You can make a killing on topdressing. It's really easy to sell to new homes too. Slit seeding is at the top of the list too.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Consultant. A-1, Phagan,Vanderkoi,ect don't do a tap of cuttin but make plenty of bucks talkin about it.

Aside form that I would have to say that fertilizing has been good and my spring dethatching is a big money maker.