Money talks.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by garrettlawn, Apr 4, 2007.

1. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

All of you lawn/landscape companies that run 1-3 man crews. What do you average during the spring/summer/fall seasons per week? I am just trying to figure out if we are operating to a good potential. I am talking about gross average? I know some people have more overhead than others and thus will make net a different story. If anything what kind of numbers should a 2 man crew be turing per week if they were staying busy doing lawn care and landscaping.

Thanks.

2. Ultimatelawncareinc

Ultimatelawncareinc LawnSite Member

like you said it all depends on everybodys different things suck as payroll ,insurance, truck payments, gas and on and on and on.I have two lawn crews with 3 guys per crew, and a landscaping crew thats working 5 days a week the lawn crews are cutting about 150 lawns a week. i bill out between lawns,landscaping,and other jobs about $47,000 a month yes it varies month to month but thats close to an average and of course thats gross not profit after all the bills are payed there might be a little for me :laugh:

3. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A 2 man crew mowing should pull in $3500 - $4000 a week. I run 3 men crews though so do the math.

5. Ultimatelawncareinc

Ultimatelawncareinc LawnSite Member

it is a total of 150 lawns a week between 2 crews each crew is cutting just about 75 lawns each.

6. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. I'm a lowballer then...:laugh: We run 2 man crews and average 2900-3200 per crew, per 40 hr. work week.