money vs. work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CUSTOM CUTTS, Dec 4, 2003.

1. CUSTOM CUTTS

CUSTOM CUTTS LawnSite Member

i have been doing lawns and landscaping on the side for apprx. 7 yrs now. i work a full time job also and i thought i was making good money for the work involved and time invested but...
    a guy asked me if i liked funnel cakes, yes, he said how would you like to profit 4500$ in 10 hours work, i said yea right. well long story short, i bought a complete concession setup(7x12 enclosed trailer, wired110, 4x6 window and finished interior and a top of the line funnel cake fryer 120,000 btu/ 8 cakes per minute everything brand new) for less than i paid for a used (15hrs)john deere 345. 2 man operation 5 dollars a cake 10 hrs work on the weekends. i was working 45+ hrs wk for chump change go figure have fun fellas:waving: :waving: :dizzy:

2. artvandeley2

artvandeley2 LawnSite Member

Where are you selling them at every weekend?

3. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Excuse me because i'm a northerner, but what the hell is a funnel cake?

Mike

4. summergrove

summergrove LawnSite Member

I like funnel cakes but one reason I like landscaping is being outside and feeling good about my work. I'm not sure a great looking funnel cake will give me the same satisfaction as a great looking lawn. Besides I would get fat hanging out in a trailor eating cake all day. If that's what makes you happy great if I ever come to Kingston I'll stop by the carnival and buy a cake from ya!

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The world will teach you that the harder you work, the less money you will have.

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

would you be a scrub if you sold them for 3 dollars?

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Can you stripe a funnel cake with sugar?BTW-Last time I checked, I don't think any respectable LCO works for "chump change".I don't, and I know many of the guys here don't either.If you do, your not doing something right. With one less LCO, there is more"change" for the rest of us to divide.:D

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you sell 8 cakes a minute you will make 2,400 Dollars.:drinkup:In one Hour.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO:D :D :D