1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Money!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Braveheart, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Braveheart

Braveheart LawnSite Member

I'm just starting out - I live in FL and most people are paying about $60 a month for mowing, edging and cleanup. Getting customers has been pretty easy, in a short time I have picked up 17.

Doing this full time with intentions to grow, how much can you expect to make yearly? Say 1st year, 2nd year and 5th year?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

$60/mo!? good luck in the poor house.

3. Braveheart

Really? How far below average is that? I spoke with people all over the community and that is the average here... Port St Lucie, FL

4. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

You may not see a 2nd year at that rate. There a need for more cash to run any business including being an lco.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I would say you need $100/month min to make it.

6. Braveheart

What is ICO?

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

from what i have read on here, florida may be a little different in pricing. I do remember reading where some have said $60 to $80 a month. maybe some florida guys can chime in to shed some light on this for you.

8. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

lco, lawn care operator. If you're just starting, there's tons of posts on starting up, how to set yourself up, the prices in certain regions of the US, etc... just do a search and read up. I did when I started, and I'm still reading lots.

9. Braveheart

10. Braveheart

That would be great, thank you