money

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by suprman9019er, Mar 14, 2004.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

is it best to collect weekly OR to just charge the people at the begining of the cuttin period for the whole cutting season

2. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

My experience is that it is better to charge weekly. Most people wont pay you that much money just in case you didn't end up coming back to do the work. Also on the same token you will have a pretty steady income that way!

3. kdmaint

kdmaint LawnSite Member

I do all my billing monthly at the end of month most poeple around here will not pay before services are done unless its a big install or somthing I usually get half down enough to cover mat and equipment rental that way if they dont pay for what ever reason your only out your labor.

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most of my customers are on a weekly or bi-weekly billing schedule.

5. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

90% of ours are on monthly billing. we lose a lot less checks that way.

6. suprman9019er

the only reason that i was thinkin of doing all season payin was so that i could have the money to buy all the equipment i needed...is that a good idea

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

At the end of each month I put a bill and envelop in the mailbox or door. Then the next time I come around most customers put the money in the mail box or in the door something like that, or I just knock on the door and they give it to me.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

our billing cycle goes out every 21 days. Keeps the cash moving in and out good

9. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

what i do for the 1st month , they pay as service is rendered .this will weed out your dead beats, and give you working capital, then bill monthly

10. suprman9019er

how do u guys collect though? Do you send out a bill through the mail or do you put it in their mail boxes or do you just go door to door and collect