money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Apr 25, 2004.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Hello,
    I am thinking seriously about starting my own lawn mowing business, and i was just wondering if any one would like to share, How much money you could make in a summer just mowing lawns. If I do this I am going to do this alone, and don't plan on hiring any employees to help. Is there any one who does everything themselves. Also i havn't bought any equipment yet aside from a 2001 ford f150, and my 21" push mower and a weed eater. If anyone has any helpful advice I would appreciate it.

Touhey's Prime Cuts lawn service
    (possible company name)

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The hardest part is the first couple of years and the first investment into the equipment. Once you make it past those years and have a good customer base you can make descent money.

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah everything I make goes right back into the buisness. Once equipment starts getting paid off I might actually be able to keep a few dollars. First few years are stressfull before you know it you wont have time to do much besides work, give it 110% and you will do great I'm sure.

4. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

The other hard part of starting in this business is convincing the significant other that i need good equipment, especially after i told her that i don't want to be a teacher any more, but instead mow lawns.

5. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

you can do well in this business if you fucus on quality...that includes your equiptment

i speak from experience here don't use home owner stuff!!!!!!!

it will cost you way more in the end...what happens when your murray or craftsman or what ever breaks and you have to mow that day...well buy a new one or fix it but you'll be right back in the same situation later...

if you can't do anything else get a 36" gear drive and go from there at least you won't be fighting mecanical problems after all you make money mowing , not repairing...although i do small engine repair in the winter!