Monkey Grinder

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jan 7, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

the chest spreader what is a great one, lesco one sucks
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No way you'll get me to use one of those. I would have to use a full sealed respirator with oxygen tank before I would even consider it.
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I bought a Lesco chest spreader this fall to apply my last app on smaller lawns.

I only used it a couple times on the couple lawns that I have that are less then 5K...but I thought it worked pretty good!

I couldn't justify the real nice one that was made by Spker because I will hardly ever use it!

Why don't you guys like this little guy?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to use it everyday and it isn't great, but for no more then I will use it and the small amount of $$$ I have it in, I think it does ok.

4. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Does it come with the monkey and the cymbils? I gotta get one of those for the dash on the truck! LOL (jk)
  5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I tired the lesco one, it lasted all of 4 lawns before the crank came off in my hand.

I hate to say it but go to Lowes and buy the S**tt's version. (sorry, can spell it, that name is a dirty word in my house) put some duct tape over the logo and go. We had one that lasted all season and we do about 150 lawns that are 3k and smaller. It is perfect for this
  6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with hokie. It's great for tiny lawns and fits nicely in the hopper of a PG for those tough to reach areas. One will last a season and at 10 bucks it's hard to beat.
  7. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, get the (old) S**tts spreader. For the price it can't be beat. I like the arm brace. My brother just picked one up from the store and I used it at his house when I visited. It was a redesigned model and unfortunately the new one sucks!

I really like these too...