Monster Aeration

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawn king, Oct 11, 2009.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

This is one of my favorite jobs of the season.

display2.jpg

display3.jpg

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a home lawn? How many acres? 2 passes it looks like... You just make sure the Ipod battery is full and start driving? lol. Would be boring for sure. But sitting on your butt, in a cab, making $$$.

3. lawn king

Its a 15 acre residential, the tractor has a stereo.

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

You are a grass farmer. We see things like that here in Nebraska all the time. We call them UFO's......Unkown Farming Object. Looks good.. enjoy the stereo

5. lawn king

White tail deere walk the treeline all day and red tail hawks swoop in and grab field mice. The factory cab is very quiet and has a cd. I spent the day listening to abby road,MM tour and grateful dead live from nassau, not a bad way to make a couple grand!

6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

so 2 grand for 15 acre? I thought the tractor would have a stereo

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

nice music choices for zoning out too and makin bank!!!!. i have never doen that big of a job and cant imagine anyone here in my market paying for that much aeration to be done. but that is a good client there!!!

8. lawn king

He cuts the lawn himself with a 60 hp toro groundsmaster!

9. lawn king

Well folks, i was back today for the fall core aeration. One of my favorite days of the season! Momma & baby coyote cruised across the acreage this afternoon looking for a snack!

10. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Hey king. I sent you a pm about my sisters house in bridgewater. Not sure if you got it or you just don't work in that area? High end neighborhood, might be nice to get into. Anyway when I was there in July the tru-green tech was there so I shot the Shat with him when he sprayed. Lawn looked pretty bad, lots of poa annua and crab as well as sedge. Think I sent you what they were paying for some un godly nine step program. My brother in law is not re newing with them and taking my advice to find a smaller local company. My sister and brother in law are anything but pitas and don't mind spending money but he is frustrated spending the money and getting tru-brown results. If you don't work that area can you recommend someone? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device