1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

"Monster" Leaf Loader? Has anyone ever tried them yet?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by RLLServicesCT, Oct 3, 2011.

1. RLLServicesCT

RLLServicesCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

At one of my local dealers today.... and on the counter I saw a stack of flyers... There is a new company making leaf loaders called "Monster" So, the curious guy I am, saw that their factory is right in CT. Called the owner/manager and I got a tour and to see them!

These are WELL MADE MACHINES. They offer a built in serrated saw tooth impeller that are laser cut. High torque with smaller engines (I think they offer 18-29hp). They offer open bolt impeller housing for easy access. Heavy duty, good strong welds, nothing flimsy! They're pretty quiet and they have a LOT of power, but obviously I wasn't able to test it at the factory with leaves. Has a 14:1 ratio of compaction.

Im getting a 29hp skid mounted model and I think the price was right about $5700 plus sales tax. I'm still in the market, but if anyone has used them, please let me know.

2. pollak1322

pollak1322 LawnSite Member

Where in CT are they located?

3. RLLServicesCT

from CT

In old Sabrook. They are literally a brand new company. Their website isn't even set up yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. pollak1322

pollak1322 LawnSite Member

Oh ok only about an hour and a half from where I am. Yeah I tried looking them up on google but couldnt find anything. I'd be interested to see how they do in the future.

5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Ganos in Colchester is also carrying them.

6. RLLServicesCT

from CT

Yes Tony quoted me $5500 and change with tax for skid mount
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jwsland

jwsland LawnSite Member

Saw one at my local dealer today. I'm 45mins north of Philly. Sitting right next to a Billy Goat with the same 18hp engine. It looks nice but slightly bulkier than the Billy Goat. The Little Wonder wasd there too, same exact engine, that one being very bulky.

8. RLLServicesCT

from CT

Well I ended up buying another giant vac, picked up a brand new 29 horse for peanuts! I always go with heaviest grade duty on the housing as I can. You really can't cut corners on a machine that literally receives intense abuse as its main form of function! Think about it, your purposely forcing crap into a unit that MUST to handle it. Even baby care, that unit has to go through HELL. We usually go through them every three seasons, but they run constantly in the Fall and a lot in the spring. We change oil 8 or more times during the Fall. I like that monster a lot, but I'm waiting to see of they come out with a larger model next season because he said they would be focusing on industrial and muniple in the future.
    Posted via Mobile Device