Monster leaf loader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Oct 22, 2013.

1. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at leaf loaders lately.

im looking to buy a 25-35 hp range trailer tow leaf vac.

The new Giant Vac Scags are all sold out in my region. Ive talked to the dealers and distributors within 200 miles of me and no one can get one.

My 2 options now are the 27hp Kohler Little Wonder or the 28 hp subaru efi monster loader.

Any thoughts on the monster?

Ive seen the Little Wonder but not the monster.

2. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sells Monster leaf loaders. The one I saw was a tow behind and it looked pretty well built. I can't comment on the engine since I don't know anything about subaru's.

3. ClassicLawnCareInc

Thanx for the update. I went ahead and ordered one. I think its well built. It wights 300lbs more than the little wonder and billy goat. I guess Ill find out

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

5. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

If your going to the Gie show this week they nornally have one for sale at the show but you have to take it then . Proably save $600-$1000.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ClassicLawnCareInc

The 28 Subaru is all the distributor had in stock. I was going to get the Scag Giant vac but they are sold out on in our region and they arent making anymore this year. The Monster and scag machines look the same just different colors.

7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

so I am curious, out of the various brands you guys are discussing on this thread what is the general price range for something like that?

8. ClassicLawnCareInc

The Monster28 hp subaru efi I bought was $6495. The scag 29hp was $6995 The little Wonder 27 hp was $6500 And I Billy goat 35 hp was around $7300

all these prices are with the trailer/wheel kits.

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you. Expensive, but I suppose if somebody has the type of properties where this is needed they probably are worth their weight in gold.

10. ClassicLawnCareInc

Yes they def are. Foe me, not having to go dump my dump truck 2-3 times per day will save me tons of time also having this tool to load the leaves instead of 5 guys using a tarp to get them into the dump truck will be great.