Monster Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tonight on Discovery channel at 9pm eastern time. They are turning a Ford Mustang into a mower. Jessie James is doing it.....He does custom motorcycles and I think this should be cool to see, just thought I would let all of you know.

2. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I saw the previous epidsodes last night. The projects are ridicoulous but I couldnt' pull myself away from the TV with the cool ideas and fabrication going on. I'm an engineer and tinkerest at heart.

The episdoes last night were Ford Explorer turned into a Garbage truck. Really cool concept the whole thing was hydraulically operated. Gull wing opens, arm folds out grasps trash can flings it, let's the trash can back down and compacts it..

The other one was with a Limo turned into a firetruck... it didn't require as much engineerng but it was cool when "Wink" milled the missing parts for them. I want a milling machine...

Tonight is the mower on mustang and the VW bug turned into a smamp buggy

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'm gonna tape the mustang mower one tonite. it looks good. never seen this show before though.
    Eric
    Looks like TLC's Panic Mechanics. Another favorite is Junkyard Wars on TLC.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm watching it right now!

Of all manufacturers to get an engineer from......SNAPPER :confused:

They are talking SPEED, why not one of the speed king mowers DC, Hustler, BadBoy, any others, but SNAPPER??? Can you get any slower than a SNAPPER!!!

I'd do it a little differently, but it IS a WAY cool show!

The VW Bug all but sank in gator infested LA swamps!!!

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

And Reel mowers hanging from the doors???

They are making it a LOT harder than it really needs to be!

6. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to see the look on the little ole ladies faces if I pulled up on that rig, LOL!!!!!!!!

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is a photo:

[​IMG]

8. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

I would like to see the "quality" cut the 10 horse left going a claimed 70 mph! It looks like the grass was already mowed beforehand.

I was also not impressed at the choice of the Snapper guy! I also could not believe that the starters were a big chunck of the total cost... they could have made a fuss since that one starter was brand new.

Had to watch motorcycle madness after! My old man was just ooohin' and awwwin'!!!! And I was too..... man that Jesse James has some skills!

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I missed the shows the first time around, but then they replayed the three so I taped the Motorcycle madness, VW swamp buggy Monster garage, then the Mustang mower Monster Garage. Looks good. I watched the motorcycle one already. Sweet choppers.
    Eric

10. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I also love monster garage. Eventhough i have only seen the one were they turn the limo into a fire truck and the mustang into a mower.
    Jason S. i agree with you it did look like it was already cut. There wasnt that much flow coming out of the discharge shute, for going 70.

Bushhogboy, I also like junkyard wars but they dont seem like they are as good as they used to be. The things they construct are better but i dont like the hosts. Just my thought.

Jeff