Montana ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green King, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone seen the new Montana Zero turn mowers?

A little hint they are normally Orange/Pink and built in arkansas.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

bad boy is back huh? or was that bladerunner?

3. Green King

Well Bladerunner was never orange or pink in color and they are not built in arkansas.

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm confused. What are you saying? Bad boy is putting another brand name on their machines and painting them a different color or what?

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We have a new "Montana" tractor dealer in town. I saw a green ZTR there two days ago that I know is a Bad boy, painted green. Badboy has had a real hard time getting dealers to sign up. My guess is they have sold part or all of the company to the Montana people. Montana is owned by J.B. Hunt, of trucking fame. I am sure he could afford to buy in if he wanted to. His Montana operations are also located in Arkansas. The tractors are made in Korea, with final assembly in Arkansas.

6. Mowingman

from Texas

Travis,
    That is exactly what they are doing. Same thing Hustler does for Landpride.

7. dpzimmy1

dpzimmy1 LawnSite Member

where did you see this new montana? i was getting ready to buy a bad boy but green would be much improvment over orange!

8. Mowingman

from Texas

I got a PM from Bad Boy that says they were asked by J.B. Hunt to build a mower that Montana could sell at their dealers. So, Bad Boy is painting some mowers green and selling them to the Montana people. They say ownership of Bad Boy has not changed.
    Do a search on "Montana Tractors" They have a dealer locator on their website. some of their dealers will probably get some to sell.

9. Green King

There is a dealer in Springfield Mo. He is also a Bad Boy dealer or at least he was one! I have not seen any new Bad Boy mowers at his place for a long time!

10. dpzimmy1

dpzimmy1 LawnSite Member

Thats interesting because when talking to the rep he said that Ozark Terf or something like that in Springfield was their largest account. I live in kansas city and there are some dealers here, but they do not have anything in stock. My brother lives in Joplin and cuts grass for a living - he is also interested in purchasing something new. There is another dealer in Lamar with some stock, maybe we will check them out.