Monthly Billing...detailed invoice ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Apr 15, 2001.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

In past years I have issued an invoice each month with all services itemized and charged per service. This year I switched to the flat monthly charge for contracted services. My question is should I itemize all the services on the invoices or just use a general description of "monthly service described in contract" with the amount? So far I have used the one line description and am liking the short amount of time it is taking to invoice (1/4 of the time it used to).

What does everyone else do ?

jeffyr

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

jeffyr...

On my contracted accounts I send out invoices with the single line charge "Monthly Maintainance - JUL" with the charge.

On my pay-as-you-go accounts I invoice monthly breaking down services and charges by date.

3. jeffyr

That is what I started to do this year---it's a real timesaver.

jeffyr

4. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

When I send out my monthlies I will use a one line:
    "April lawn maintenance. Payment 1 of seven for the 2001 season."

I just switched from weekly tracking also and I love this new system. I am also keeping track (for myself) on when and how many times I have mowed/provided service, just in case any customers have questions

5. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I send out itemized statements. I think it's a good thing to do. I didn't used too and I had people say that I didn't cut as many times as I was suposed to etc. I put each service and the date it was done on the statement. It does take a little longer. But with Quickbooks pro or some of the other programs it's all in the system anyway i just print the statements at the end of the month. It's really more of a service for myself more than the customers. I can see what prices should be more/less etc.

6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

All customers get itemized listing of all work performed. Flat rate accounts just get an "incl" in the price column, and a monthly charge as agreed on "monthly contract" line. Software calculates all charges in another column that does not show on customer statement. After end of season, just compare the posted monthly fee totals to the hidden itemized column totals to make sure you are charging correctly on that account.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Can anyone please tell me if regular Quickbooks would do this? Thank you.

8. jeffyr

Great idea Jim. I think that is the way to go

jeffyr