Monthly billing or paid per visit?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RyanD, Sep 26, 2005.

?

Which method works the best?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2005.
  1. Monthly billing

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. Paid per visit

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

Which works best for you guys?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We do not have time to collect every visit. We have lots of old people and they will keep you there forever talking. It gets billed every other week or monthly. just a handful pay every time.

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i do both only clients that have a nsf do the pay per visit and its cash /money order only for them

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

all my accounts, even the commercial, are billed at the beginning of each month for all visits during the previous month. I personally like it this way.

5. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Tape checks to the door every mow, with about a dozen that I bill every month. Next year going with CC's.

6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

has both 1/2 monthly billing and the other likes to when they see me or when i mow to me it really dosent matter as long as they pay and they are not late

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi RyanD,

If some of your customers want to pay you per visit on the spot, good for you. No collection worries then :)

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I saw so much abuse at other companies I worked for when I started I made it part of my routine to get a monthly pre payment. Right now we are billing for Oct. labor/base rate and incidentals from Sept. light bulbs, fert, flowers etc. I have only had it be an issue one time in 3+ years and that guy was a contractor who probably would have screwed me. Some of the most profitable jobs are the ones you don't get. If the jobs are hard to bid /irregular I do the work on a T&M basis I get a 1,200.00 retainer just like my attorney has from me. If you think about it I really don't get paid too far in advance. We mail out bills tomorrow, clients get them mon-wed. next week say the 6th. maybe if I'm luck they will sit down on the 10th sat. and cut me a check and drop it in the mail and with a little luck I will get the check before the 15th. We all work to hard to work for free.