Monthly Billing Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by WigginsLandscaping, Aug 1, 2006.

1. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

We bill all of our customers on a monthly basis. I am curious as to what other people's policies are as to when the money should be in by and the consequences if they are past that point. At what point do you stop work. Our policy is that we bill at end of month. Money in by the 10th. Late fees added on the 11th. But at what point do you stop work. And if you do stop work and they catch up with moneys owed do you continue at the same rate even if you skipped a couple of weeks. Or do you asses another fee for the extra work you perform b/c of over growth etc. I am looking to add fees like this and publish in a memo on the next billing cycle of the new policies. Just curious as I stated as what should be the standard practice for PROFESSIONALS.

Thanks in advance.

2. BPLS1993

BPLS1993 LawnSite Member

i also bill monthy on the 15th of the month, payment is expected within 21 days from billing date, if not recieved by then i throw on a 3% late fee and send the bill out one more time, if it isnt recieved 10 days after that bill service is cut off, 90% of my customers though send the bill in with in a week, adn the others ushually on time only get a few late ones but havent gotton to the point of cutting off service in 3 years