1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Monthly Billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jbell36, Sep 30, 2008.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i was wondering the best way to do billing? at the end of the month we have up to 275 yards to go back through and make statements for, one by one, is there is better way to do it, like a computer program?

i'm sure there is a few different ways, i'd just like to hear some ideas...

2. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

there's plenty of software depends on what you want it to do & how much you want to spend. do a goggle search you"ll find plentyof things

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

You have 275 yards and you dont have a billing program?

Try Gopher, Groundskeeper or Quickbooks...

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

no we have about 80 yards, i'm just saying during the busy season we mow around 275 to 300 yards in one month, including many accounts 4 times (weekly)...i actually don't do the billing as of right now but i want to know how for future reference...thanks for the info...

6. IN2MOWN

Your life will be so much easier with a program. Invest the 3 or 4 hundred dollars and it will be money well spent.

I use Gopher. Its ok.

I have customer lists for everyday that I work. I get home click on the houses I did and at the end of the month it prints a bills up for all the work I did.

Ill probably switch to Groundskeeper though next year. Its a little more advanced then Gopher.

7. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

quickbooks is working well for me. my father the accountant of 30 years has always used quickbooks and got me started using it.

8. IN2MOWN

I used QB for a couple of years and then switched to a program that was tailor made for the lawn care industry. There is so much more I can do now with software like that.

9. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have always used groundskeeper, very easy to use and everything you will need for grounds maintenance is there

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I use Gopher software and am happy with it for the most part. I am thinking about demoing some other programs this winter and maybe ake a change for spring though.