Monthly Contracts in winter

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kingram10, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Kingram10

Kingram10 LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

Question for You guys with monthly customers , Do you get the same amount for your monthly accts in the winter months(example $100.00 a month) or do you just charge them for 9 months a year?

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I get some customers on a yearly and the rest are charged for 7 months then a premium for winter.

3. Kingram10

from Arizona

Do your yearly customers pay you the same amount in the winter months or is it reduced because of less cutting?

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Our contact customers pay the same amount every month during the 12 month period. They decide exactly how many mows they want in each month. We work hard to explain the concept that we spreading their total cost of mowing over a 12 month period to keep monthly payment low. If you can keep people paying a fixed amount year round using internet payments or some auto bank process they are less likely to shop around.

5. Kingram10

from Arizona

So how many cuts on average do your customers get a month? Most of mine I cut every two weeks.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Some customer want weekly other want bi-weekly during the growing months which is April thru mid October. Then we put a few visits/mowes/leave cleanups in the rest of the months according to exactly what the customer requests. Some usually want a cleanup at Thanksgiving and another around Christmas/New Years. We always include at least one mow/visit each month in the winter to tidy things up as needed.

7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Contracted accounts same payment for 12 months,90% cut every week until dec. then cut back to every 2 weeks. Jan -feb 1 a month unless hard frezze,then maybe not at all. March back two every weeks,april back to every week do it all again.