Monthly Invoices for Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Aug 16, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

What do some of your invoices look like? Do you have a bunch printed and then pen-in the information, or do you print them yourselves on computer, or do you print on a DM printer with 2/3 part carbon tractor paper?

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Laser printed on pre-printed forms. Reply envelope included.

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I just use the "stock" invoices available on QuickBooksPro, with some minor modifications that are easy to do. I usually print out two invoices at a time, send one to the customer, and keep the other.

4. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I have quick books pro, and send out statements ones a month. I like statements because it tells them when Iv been there to cut or do work. Also it tells them when they've payed. By the end of the year most people are getting a two page statement. It keeps a running record of everything iv done, and every received payment. I hit on a button, and it shoots them out. Then I double check them for errors. Next I put them into envelopes with windows. Each statement has the addresses that show through the windows. Good stuff.

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Wal-mart sells 2and 3 copy invoice books pretty cheap.They could be more professional lookin ones,but they will get you paid.:eek:

6. FosterGroundsMaint

FosterGroundsMaint LawnSite Member

i use clip. easy to use, and they look good

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi The Lawn Boy Pro,

You are welcome to download our free 30-day trial program to see how our invoices work for you :)

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I abosultely love my Quickbooks. I would never think about switching over to something else

9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone use an Access database? If you have access, I'll post my database on L/S (The empty one) so ypu can see how it works

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

i use access for keeping track of inventory and maintenance logs