Monthly Lawn Maintenance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AllProLC, Mar 14, 2007.

1. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Have current mowing customer who has physical disability & cannot do exterior work. Asked me today to give her a price on monthly maint. fee . Yard is not very big($35 mow/trim) has , has about 100ft. of flower beds, w/ flowers, shrubbery,mulch, etc. I am going to suggest Spring Clean-up 1st, before I will bid for mthly maint. Any suggestions?? Also wants price on mulch install.

2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i'm a heartless Pri#$ right now since the Mavs just lost so i say charge your normal amount or don't take it if you're gonna feel bad

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

just charge what you normally charge. if you feel bad, give her a 10% discount at the end of the month. or just give it to some low-baller that will do it for $15.00

4. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

Don't take her disability into consideration. It's a business deal. Does she want weekly service or bi-weekly service?
    I would bid out the first month seperately since it sounds like some spring clean up work.

For weekly lawn service = $35x4 = $140/month
    Mulching (includes mulch and spreading) = $75/SQY (sounds like 2 or 2.5 SQ worth)
    Shrub trimming and flower bed maint = $25/hr (sounds like 2hrs worth)
    Total weekly estimate: $340 for the first month with the beds and mulch
    Thereafter, $140/month (for weekly service) or $70 (for bi-weekly service)

Seems reasonable. But you can always offer her 10% off on the first month if you feel guilty. I wouldn't. If you don't do the work...someone else will.